Shu Mai (Siu Mai) Dumplings
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2 dried chinese mushrooms, soaked, then trimmed & chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh green ginger
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- dash of salt, or to taste
- 24 gyoza wrappers
Combine all ingredients except for the wrapper, mixing well. Place about a tablespoon of filling on each wrapper, and gather up the sides to form ripples, leaving the center open.
Wack the bottom of the dumpling on the counter so that it will stand up.
When all the shu mai are filled, steam in a bamboo steamer for about 5-6 minutes, until cooked. Served with sweet and sour sauce or other dipping sauces.
Yield: 21 Dumplings