Stir-fried Shredded Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 minced green onions
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 1 teaspoon hot chili bean paste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Cut the potatoes into thin strips the size and thickness of a matchstick if desired. Toss with the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Chop the green onion on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces. Finely chop the ginger and garlic.
Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic and the hot bean paste. Stir-fry until aromatic.
Add the seasoned potatoes, mixing with the chili paste. Stir-fry until browned (about 3 minutes). Add the chicken broth. Stir in the green onion and ground coriander. Mix everything together. Simmer for 3 to 5 more minutes, and serve hot.
Yield: 4 Servings