This spicy stir-fry is made with pressed tofu, chili sauce, and nuts. If pressed tofu isn't available, feel free to substitute extra firm tofu.
- 1/2 package (300 grams) Superior Pressed Tofu*
- 3 cups vegetables (carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, etc.)
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts or cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot and spicy chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water
Cube tofu and vegetables into 1/4" cubes. Heat oil in wok. Stir fry vegetables for 2 minutes or until half cooked. Add tofu, and stir fry for another 1 minute until heated through. Add sauce and cook until sauce has thickens. Add more water if necessary. Toss in peanuts and serve.
Nutritional value per serving: 300 calories, 12g protein, 19g fat, 19g carbohydrates.
*Pressed Tofu has been pressed and seasoned with spices.
Yield: 4 Servings