Quick and Easy Chinese Mushroom Soup
here is an easy to make, nourishing soup for college and university students who want to prepare quick, healthy meals on a tight budget. He points out that the soup costs less than 5 pounds (British currency) to make and lasts for several days.
- 10 dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 100 grams chicken breast
- Garlic cloves, crushed, according to your own taste
- 1 1/2 bell peppers, any color
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- a good handful of fresh Oyster mushrooms
- 1 package noodles, such as Ramen, without the flavor packet
Boil the dried shitake until soft. Run the boiled shiitake under cold water to keep them firm, and chop. Lightly cook the chicken with the garlic.
Half-fill a pan with water and add the chicken and mushrooms. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the peppers and the spring onions and cook until they start to soften and look squashed. Put in the fresh oyster mushrooms and the noodles, put the lid on and cook for 10 minutes. Add the oyster sauce and chili powder (how much is up to you). Enjoy.