Lemon Chicken - Stir Fried
The tart flavor of lemon works well with chicken in this recipe for lemon chicken.
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 green (spring) onions, chopped
- 1 piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500g (1 pound) boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 125g (4oz) button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl.
Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
Add the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper. Stir-fry for one minute.
Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the Soy Sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.