Italian Style Tofu
Protein-rich tofu takes the place of pasta in this fusion recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- A pinch of basil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
Drain the tofu and cut into 6 pieces. In a small bowl, add the red wine vinegar and basil to the tofu pieces and toss to coat. Marinate the tofu for 10 minutes.
Lightly beat the eggs. Feel free to add a pinch of basil or oregano if desired. Mix in the mozzarella.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. To cook, lightly coat each piece of marinated tofu in the cornstarch and then dip into the egg and cheese mixture.
Fry on both sides until browned. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Soy Ginger Dressing.
Yield: 3-4 Servings