Hoisin Dipping Sauce
As with most dipping sauces, this tastes best if the flavors are allowed to blend for 1 hour before serving.
- 1 tablespoon oil for stir-frying
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few drops sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile paste, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high to high heat. Add the garlic and ginger.
Stir-fry briefly until aromatic. Turn the heat down to medium and stir in the other ingredients. Heat through and remove from the stove. Cool.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1 / 3 Cup