Hot Pepper and Black Bean Sauce
A hot sauce made with fermented black beans and chili paste. Add a few teaspoons to give flavor to stir-fries.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fermented black beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Rinse and drain the fermented black beans. Use a sharp knife or cleaver to chop the beans. Mash the beans by pressing down on them with the flat edge of the cleaver. Mix in with the garlic, crushed red pepper, red wine vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil and the soy sauce.
Cover the ingredients with aluminum foil. Place in a steamer and steam for 45 minutes. Cool, cover the ingredients and refrigerate until needed.
Yield: 1 / 2 Cup