5 Minute Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookies Recipe
Want a way to quickly add extra flavor to storebought fortune cookies? Dip them in chocolate that has been melted in the microwave.
15 - 20 storebought fortune cookies
1/2 cup chocolate baking chips (I used mint flavored chocolate chips)
1. Line a 9 X 13 inch baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set the fortune cookies on the baking sheet. Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on high power for 90 seconds.
2. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate (it will continue melting while you are stirring). If you are using a microwave with 600 watts of power or more, the chocolate should be melted or nearly melted at this point. If necessary, continue microwaving at 5 second intervals, stirring in between.
3. If you are using a lower power microwave, continue microwaving the chocolate at 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate has melted.
4. Holding a fortune cookie by its ends, dip the rounded bottom of the cookie into the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off and place the fortune cookie on the wax or parchment paper. Continue with the remainder of the cookies.
5. Place the cookies in the refrigerator to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 15 - 20 Cookies